MD, Assistant Professor of Community Medicine,Trauma Research center, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
Objective: To compare and evaluation of scores of trauma research center of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences in Iran with other trauma research centers in Iran.Methods: The assessment scores of each center were gathered from Iran medical research and Ministry of Health and Medical Education website. Each score is recorded in helical year which is defined from the 21th of March of every year until the 20th of March of the next. They are ranked and scored by knowledge production, capacity development, and research projects.Results: The total evaluation scores of the trauma research center of Iran's Universities of Medical Sciences have increased from establishment. The highest increase in assessment scores was related to Tehran Trauma Research Center. An upward trend was observed in the total indicators of knowledge production index of all the trauma research centers from 2001/2002 to 2011/2012. An ascending trend was showed in the published articles score of Shiraz and Kashan Trauma Research Centers through the recent years.Conclusion: The increasing trend in scores of trauma research centers in Iran indicated a significant role in the knowledge production but it is need to find barriers of research and doing interventional projects to promote trauma care and prevention.
- Puvanachandra P, Hoe C, Ozkan T, Lajunen T. Burden of Road Traffic Injuries in Turkey. Traffic Inj Prev
- ;13 Suppl 1:64-75.
- Rasouli MR, Saadat S, Haddadi M, Gooya MM, Afsari M, Rahimi- Movaghar V. Epidemiology of injuries and poisonings in emergency departments in Iran. Public Health 2011;125(10):727-33.
- Roudsari BS, Sharzei K, Zargar M. Sex and age distribution in transport- related injuries in Tehran. Accid Anal Prev 2004;36(3):391-8.
- Montazeri A. Road-traffic-related mortality in Iran: a descriptive study. Public Health 2004;118(2):110-3.
- Makin S, Larsen L. Child Health: Guidance Document. Ontario, Canada: Queenâs Printer for Ontario, 2010. [http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/ programs/publichealth/oph_standards/ docs/guidance/ChildHealth.pdf ]
- Aoun SG, Bendok BR, Rahme RJ, Dacey RG Jr, Batjer HH. Standardizing the Evaluation of Scientific and Academic Performance in Neurosurgery-Critical Review of the "h" Index and its Variants. World Neurosurg 2012 Jan 31. pii: S1878-8750(12)00125-8.
- Rezaee R. Survey on performance of clinical research centers in Iran Universities of Medical Sciences: Analytic programming. Weekly magazine 2010;9:381. [in Persian]
- Bigloo M, Hariri M. Survey on quantitative state production of scientific knowledge faculty in Tabriz University of Medical Sciences 1988-1995. Modares 1997:61-77.
- Horta H, Veloso FM. Opening the box: Comparing EU and US scientific output by scientific field. Technological Forecasting and Social Change 2007;74(8):1334-56.
- Slob AF, Rijnveld M, Chapman AS, Strosser P. Challenges of linking scientific knowledge to river basin management policy: Aqua Terra as a case study. Environ Pollut 2007;148(3):867-74.
- In: Medical Research Center. Medical research data management portal. Iran; (Cited 22 May 2012). Available from: http://login.research.ac.ir/forms/TC/ TC selection.aspx.
- In: HBI. Monitoring and evaluation group of Ministry of Health and Medical Education. Iran: (update
- May 2012; Cited 22May 2008). Available from: http://www.hbi. ir/NSite /SpecialFullStory/News/? Id=679&Level=9.
- Sereshti M, Kazemian A, Daris F. Research barriers from the viewpoint of faculty members and employees of Shahrekord University of Medical Sciences. Iranian Journal of Educational Strategies 2010;3(2):51-7. [in Persian]
- Sohrabi Z, Farajollahi M. Study existing research problems from the perspective of schools faculty members in Iran Universities of Medical Sciences. Journal of Iran Medical Council 2009;2:175-8. [in Persian]
- Karamian Z, Sabbaghian Z, Saleh- Sadeghpoor B, Lotfi F. Internal obstacles in research activities: Faculty Members View Points in Shiraz University of Medical Sciences. Iranian Journal of Medical Education 2012;11(7):750-62.
- Alamdari A.K, Afsoon E. The viewpoint of faculty members on research barriers at Yasuj University. Armaghan Danesh
- ;8:27-35. [in Persian]
- Darabi S, Kohpaee A, Yosefi M, Komaili T, Ahmari H, Rahmani M. Evaluate the severity of problems before and after the management intervention from the perspective of faculty members and researchers at the Qom University of Medical Sciences in 2004-2008. Qom University of Medical Science Journal 2009;3(3):37-43. [in Persian]
- Majumder MA. Issues and priorities of medical education research in Asia. Ann Acad Med Singapore 2004;33(2):257-63.
- Parahoo K. Barriers to, and facilitators of, research utilization among nurses in Northern Ireland. J Adv Nurs 2000;31(1):89-98.
- Dunn V, Crichton N, Roe B, Seers K, Williams K. Using research for practice: a UK experience of the Barriers Scale. J Adv Nurs 1997;26(6):1203-10.